The Candidate Self Service Portal (CSSP) for the Leaving Certificate Students of 2021 will open on Wednesday 10 March at 12 noon and will remain open until 6 pm on Tuesday 16 March. We request that parents supervise their daughters logging on to the portal and completing all the necessary steps.
Before using the Candidate Portal for the first time, candidates will be asked to create their own account and will need their examination number for this process. The examination numbers were issued to our Leaving Certificate students on Thursday 4th March during the school day. To access the portal candidates will also need their Personal Identification Number as part of the verification process. For most candidates this will be the first four digits of their PPSN
Once logged onto the Candidate Self Service Portal candidates will be able to:
- Add any subjects that they are studying outside of school or withdraw from subjects. It should be noted that in both cases, for reasons of equity and fairness these students will need to be able to provide substantial evidence of their learning to be eligible for consideration for Accredited Grades.
- Indicate whether they want to:
- take the examinations, or
- to receive SEC Accredited Grades, or
- Select the level they wish to sit the examination, receive the SEC Accredited Grade or both. Candidates will have a further opportunity at the end of April/early May to confirm their levels in each subject. At that time, candidates can also withdraw their intention to take the written examination but they will not be able to indicate their intention to sit examinations after the 16 March 2021.
- The level selected by candidates at the end of April/early May will be an absolutely final decision when it comes to the level – Higher, Ordinary or Foundation – in which they will receive their accredited grade in each subject. As teachers will then be in the estimation process, candidates (or schools) will not be permitted to change levels for the purpose of the accredited grades process after that time.
- Candidates opting to sit the examinations will be permitted to change their levels in respect of the written examinations on the day of the examination, as they are in a normal year.