The CSSP will open at 1pm on Wednesday 17 January 2024 for candidates to confirm their subject entries and levels. It will remain open for this purpose until 5pm Friday 02 February 2024. During this time Leaving Certificate (excluding Leaving Certificate Applied) candidates will be required to complete the following:
Step 1: Register and create their portal account
Step 2: Activate their account by selecting the link sent to the email that they registered on the portal
Step 3: Confirm their subject and level entry details, and add or delete subjects from the records presented to them.
If applicable, amend any inaccuracy in their name and/or date of birth.
Reviewing and Confirming Subjects and Levels:
• The portal will be pre-populated with the data entered by schools through the PPOD October returns process (i.e. Names, Date of Birth, Subjects & Levels). This means that only those subjects which candidates have been studying in schools will be displayed on the portal.
• It is extremely important at this stage that schools engage with candidates regarding the selection of their level in each subject at this time. Candidates should be advised by their teachers to select the level at which they are currently studying each subject. The SEC will use this information for planning purposes. We will also provide this information to schools through a turnaround document for review. Candidates will be permitted to change levels in the written examinations on the day of the examination, as in previous years
•Candidates will have the opportunity to add any subjects that they are studying outside of school or to delete subjects if they are no longer intending to present for examinations in particular subjects.
It is extremely important that candidates take the time to ensure that their examination entries are correct on the portal before they submit. Once a candidate has confirmed their subjects and levels on the portal they will not be able to log back into the portal to update their data.
Candidates will receive a confirmation email outlining the subjects and levels they are entered for. If a candidate notices an error on their confirmation email they must contact the school in relation to the error.
Reviewing and Confirming Name and Date of Birth
If the prepopulated name and date of birth are incorrect, candidates will have an opportunity to update their record on the CSSP during the registration process. Once they have completed the registration process they will not be able to log back in to update.
Access to the Portal
Leaving Certificate candidates will access the portal at www.examinations.ie from Wednesday 17 January at 1pm. A CSSP Before You Start Guide 2024 CSSP 2024 Guide for Students will be provided which candidates should read before commencing the process. To access the portal, candidates will need the following:
- Their examination number (The SEC provided these to schools before Christmas)
- Personal Identification Number (PIN). The PIN will be the first 4 digits of the candidate’s Personal Public Services
Number (PPS number). In the event that a candidate does not have a PPS number or a PPS was not recorded a unique PIN will be created and issued to the school prior to the portal opening.
- an email address and mobile phone number to which the candidate will have regular access over the coming months.
The portal can be accessed here: https://www.examinations.ie/cssp/2024/
Examination Fees 2024
There are no examination fees for 2024 exams
If you have any questions please contact Ms Harvey.